Sunday, July 1, 2018

God Called My Name




God called my name one day;
I didn't recognize His voice, 
but someone taught me how to say,
I'm here, Lord, lead me, I pray.

He called me as one whom He loves,
Whispered peace when He said my name.
No doubt clouded my thought or heart;
I ran to the Father and won't be the same.

God opened His fountain of love 
Where His mercy and grace abound.
To me His arms opened wide,
Solid ground and joy I found.

O'er time His voice never failed,
But grew stronger with each new day.
Sometimes pushing me forward 
Others protecting as He led the way.

As time moves ever forward,
The Lord blesses us with new friends,
Some who teach and encourage,
Others pray and walk to the end.

Each person He brings to our path
He prepared for His service, too.
Some whose service joins your own,
Still others briefly join and depart soon.

The person God calls to His mission
Their task is not just for others;
The road walked in service to Him
Is where we grow as sisters and brothers.

Hard times, distress, persecution
Are what Jesus endured to the cross;
No more should we expect in this life
As disciples whose lives He has bought.

For the joy of giving salvation,
Jesus gave His life on the cross.
For the joy of sharing His gospel.
I give my life because He has called.

Because God called my name long ago, 
I heard His heart's melody to me.
Because Jesus loved me so much,
I gladly gave Him my heart in belief.