Thursday, November 14, 2019

Craving You



There's a craving in my soul,
A cry comes out from me
To meet You in this day
To connect deep to deep.

This yearning deep within
Assuaged it cannot be
By trifling songs and mere deeds,
By thoughts without You I see.

This desire within my soul
Bubbles, gushes uncontained
As praise and worship I sing
For only You worship should aim.

This overflowing fountain,
This ecstasy within me
Draws me ever closer
To the Savior of whom I sing.

No force can pull me away 
From God's love that draws me in.
No sin can separate me
From His presence in which I live.

Though death, pain, persecution
Try to draw me away from Him,
God's strong arms, Jesus' love, 
No, nothing, can take me from Him.

Neither height nor width nor breadth 
Can keep me away from God;
Neither demons, powers, no, nothing
Will quench my love, nothing at all.

This craving for His presence
To meet Him face to face
Ends not with Sunday service,
But continues day to day.

A keenly desired communion,
A humbling within my soul
To come before gracious God
The true lover of my soul.

No act or words can express
The depth of love o'erwhelming me.
No thoughts or exclamations
Make my love of Him plainly seen.

This life God has given me
Is all I can give to Him;
To Him I offer all I am 
For it's what means most to me.

This craving deep in my soul
To be with You each new day
Calls within as deep to deep
Beckoning me to stay.

Worshiping, praising, communing
As offering up to You,
Closer to You my heart yearns 
The utmost, I give my whole self, too.

Fin'ly the craving to draw near,
It's impulse to closer be,
Is fulfilled with greatest gift
My self to You - Deep to Deep.


I want to know Christ—yes, to know the power of His resurrection and the participation in His sufferings, becoming like Him in His death. (Philippians 3:10 [NIV]) 
’Let the one who boasts boast about this: that they have the understanding to know Me, that I am the LORD, who exercises kindness, justice, and righteousness on earth, for in these I delight,’ declares the LORD. (Jeremiah 9:24 [NIV])
 ‘I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the LORD, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plants to give you a hope and future. Then you will call on Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you,’ declares the LORD, ‘and will bring you back from captivity.’” (Jeremiah 29:11-14 [NIV])