Sunday, June 10, 2018

On Bended Knees




When life seems to toss you and make you spin ’round,
When time seems as if it will never slow down,
When battles are many and resources few,
That’s when I’m thankful God’s promises are new.

Every morning when waking and ope’ning my eyes,
When first breath is taken and before I arise,
I close my eyes again, and thank God above
Today I get to live and experience His love.

Before feet shuffle out to the floor,
Before clothes quickly taken from behind closed door,
Before I shuffle for caffeine intake,
I stand amazed wond’ring at His grace.

To allow me such privilege to see life again,
To let me enjoy what He has planned,
To lead me with sureness knowing He’s in control,
My God is wondrous and I’ve stories untold.

Stories of fear, joy, laughter, and pain,
Stories of glee, sadness, and happiness again,
Tales of my God leading me through rough seas,
Preluded by Him and I on bended knee.

Not that God need bend His knee,
But that He wanted to be with me.
This finite person whom He created
Is one He loves and desires to spend day with.

The great almighty God chooses to spend time with one
Who wrestled, ran, hid, and finally came undone,
Who sat upon floor with wonder new
To realize His love paid my sin price; I’m renewed.

You see, I’m nothing special, as the world knows,
But to God, I’m cherished, I’m special as the rose.
I once ran away because sin had me scared,
But Jesus’ love won out and my heart is repaired.

Yes, there’re days when I know I’ve done wrong
Still God puts music in my heart and I hear His song.
He reminds me, “Jesus loves me, this I know”
And then I’m undone again, bow down, the Bible tells me so. 

It’s for nothing I’ve done or could ever do
That Jesus chose and died for me, death and sin subdued.
This great love, hard to fathom, for a sinner such as I,
Yet He continues to tell me, for you I died.

As I ponder this great love, this grace and mercy so free,
Reality is Jesus did it, He died on that tree.
What great love, what great pain, to ensure my soul!
Would I do the same to rescue one dead, so cold?

My love’s not as great, broad, and vast as His
Yet He’s working with me, patient He is.
Remolding and shaping, cutting out hard spots, too,
As I trust in His faithful hands, to make me brand new.

A bit more water here to soften this lump;
A razor’s edge there removing that bump.
Gently kneading to soften and smooth the clay;
My heart’s fragile, but more open each new day.

Tender steps with new heart in place
I follow my Savior, in His path I stay.
Venturing afar is not how to remain
As His close child, protected by the Master’s hand.

So, each day must start upon waking afresh
One breath then two, then deep breath,
Ope’ning my eyes, shuffling feet to the floor
Kneeling with my Savior, Master, and Lord.